Saturday, December 10, 2016

Sleepless nights

A post I wrote three years ago, when we were living in Okotoks with my Mom.
Jason was just 18 months old, and Matty was 8.
Night time was always interesting:

"The upside to lying in bed late at night every night, unable to sleep, getting increasingly frustrated by the hour: You hear and see all of the weird things that go on at night.

The sound of snow crunching outside of my window. The first few times, I thought it was creepy. Turns out it's deer walking along the side of the house! It was so cool to see!

Jason randomly giggles in his sleep. Sometimes speaks a word or two of baby gibberish.
Sometimes he will sit up to talk and laugh hysterically.. in his completely dark room.. no night light, and it sometimes lasts for an hour. Creeps me out a little. He also moves in his sleep.. ALOT.

Matthew sleep walks. I've had to redirect him back to his room many times. I'll hear him walk up the stairs so I go ask where he is going. He says hes going to go find his mom.
He snores worse than I do.
And he doesn't just sleep talk.. he yells, and about the most random things. Ten minutes ago, I heard "I'll put the bag on. I'LL PUT THE BAG ON!".

Night time is always fun here."